The ENT physicians at Queen City Ear Nose and Throat offer the latest technology for treating sinusitis including the minimally invasive procedure known as Balloon Sinuplasty. Unlike traditional sinus surgery which requires removal of tissue under general anesthesia in an operating room, Balloon Sinuplasty can be performed in the office with minimal bleeding and discomfort and many patients are able to return to normal activities within 24 to 48 hours.
If you have been treated with multiple medications that may include antibiotics, nasal sprays, oral steroids, and antihistamines and you continue to experience symptoms that include facial pain and pressure, nasal congestion, nasal discharge, headache, fatigue, and teeth pain, you may be a candidate for Balloon Sinuplasty.
After applying topical and local anesthesia in the nasal passages, a small, flexible catheter is gently guided into the blocked sinuses. A balloon similar to the ones used by cardiologists to dilate blocked arteries around the heart (angioplasty), is gradually inflated to gently restructure and dilate the previously blocked sinus openings which helps to restore normal sinus drainage and function.
Click the button below to watch our detailed video:
Balloon Sinuplasty Benefits
The benefits of Balloon Sinuplasty technology for treating chronic sinusitis symptoms include:
- Safe and Effective While use of any surgical instrument involves some risk, clinical research has indicated the Balloon Sinuplasty system to be safe and effective in relieving symptoms of sinusitis.
- Minimally Invasive The technology uses small, soft, flexible devices that enter entirely through the nostrils. These devices gently dilate and restructure blocked sinus openings without tissue or bone removal.
- Reduced Bleeding Because there are no incisions or removal of tissue or bone when using this technology, bleeding associated with the procedure is typically minimal.
- Improved Recovery Time While recovery time varies with each patient, many people can return to normal activities within 24 to 48 hours.
- Does Not Limit Treatment Options This technology is an endoscopic tool and may be used with other medical therapies or sinus surgery techniques. It does not limit future treatment options if you have progressive disease.
Click the button below to hear a testimonial from Hall of Fame NFL Star Marshall Faulk:
If you are looking for relief from sinusitis and are interested in Balloon Sinuplasty call Queen City Ear Nose and Throat at (704) 703-1080 or book an appointment online today.